This weekend I decided to devote my free time to doing a D.I.Y project that I’ve been planning since…like forever. Back in February I bought a really cute silver framed Mirror for my bedroom, fell absolutely head over heels in love.. seriously.. madly in love with the mirror and decided to purchase 2 more for my Living Room Walls. I wasn’t able to find the mirrors in Silver so, I ended up buying 2 gold framed mirrors. They were the same as the Silver Framed Mirror however, I didn’t love the gold as my entire home is different shades of Gray. I bought Silver Metallic Spray Paint in March because I found inspiration on Pinterest and figured that I can create my own Silver Framed Mirrors. So, this weekend after cleaning my entire house. I decided that it’s a beautiful day out and went for it.
It was a very easy project and I feel disappointed that I waited so long to tackle it.
Anywhoo, here’s what I used:
Mask, Newspaper, Painters Tape, & Spray Paint
Here’s what I did:
- Prepped an area in my yard (laid down a tarp) so, that I wouldn’t ruin my grass.
- Covered the mirrors with Newspaper and used blue painters tape to secure the paper (didn’t want to risk getting paint on the mirror).
- Covered my face using a cheap little mask that I purchased from the Dollar Store (to prevent inhaling the fumes from the spray paint.
- Held the Spray Paint Can approximately 2 inches away from the frame and sprayed the entire parameter of the frame.
- Let Dry for an hour.. Sprayed a 2nd coat.
- Let Sit for 24 hours.
**Always paint in a well ventilated area. I highly recommend using spray paint outdoors.
Welp, hope you enjoyed. Please come back to check out my next DIY Project!