I’ve officially been 40 for almost 48 hours and it feels quite lovely. I woke up this morning not feeling very well and realized that since I’m on vacation (Staycation that I’ve taken from work to re-focus and relax). Typically, we begin our work week with a Monday Morning in office Meditation Session that our Divisional Vice President uses to help us reduce stress and set the tone of our office for the week. I totally missed that this week and figured that I need to do this at home daily.
I started out with a few breathing exercises that helped me to feel a little better so, I decided that today is the day that I do a little research on the actual practice and I must admit that I learned a lot about the benefits of Meditation and about the 7 Chakras (Energy Centers within the human body that helps to regulate all its processes, from Organ Function to the Immune System and Emotions).
After reading about the 7 Chakras and how they can be charged (like batteries) to boost your functions. I decided to download an app on my phone in which I used to recharge my Chakras and I must admit I feel absolutely amazing!
So, one of the things that I’ve decided to do going forward is to devote 10 minutes of my day (each morning) to meditating to keep me centered and focused.
5 BENEFITS OF A 10 MINUTE MEDITATION:
Meditation helps to alleviate:
- Stress – The practice of meditating gives you some much needed “down time” to rest physically, mentally, and emotionally, but it also directly impacts your entire nervous system by reducing your body’s production of stress-related chemicals such as cortisol. Mediation decreases oxygen consumption, heart rate, respiratory rate, and blood pressure, and increases the intensity of alpha, theta, and delta brain waves, which increase the relaxation response.
- Pain – Research shows that meditation can reduce chronic pain.
- Anxiety – decreases anxiety and depression.
- Cardiovascular Disease – Can improve blood pressure and heart rate variability and decrease the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Insomnia – Significantly improves ability to fall asleep and stay asleep.
I’m extremely excited to use my new app every morning. I also, want to begin practicing Yoga. It’s the next thing that I want to cross off my list of 40 for 40. Please come back to see what “new” thing that I’ve decided to give a try. 🙂